Aftermath Silver makes progress at Berenguela Peru project

Aftermath Silver reports 6,168.15m in 63 diamond core holes at the Berenguela silver-copper project in Peru, as Mantaro steps up drilling in Bolivia

Canadian junior exploration company Aftermath Silver has provided additional assay results from diamond drilling at the Berenguela silver-copper project in the Department of Puno, in southern central Peru.

A total of 6,168.15m in 63 diamond core holes has been drilled to date which completes the phase 1 diamond drilling program. The company released assays for the first 6 holes of the current drill program on May 4, 2022. Highlights include:

  • 8m at 804 g/t Ag and 0.45% Cu in hole AFD-020 from 56.5m downhole,
  • a high-grade copper intercept in hole AFD-010 which returned 5.15m @ 5.03% Cu from 58.90m downhole.

In 5 holes Ag-Cu mineralisation was intercepted from surface and the majority of the holes cut Ag-Cu mineralization within 10m of surface.

The company has an option to acquire a 100% interest in the project from SSR Mining. Aftermath has been drilling at Berenguela since December, 2021 and is planning to advance the project through a pre-feasibility study.

To March 20, the team completed 39 diamond core holes for a total of roughly 3,680m of drilling. Core recoveries continue to be excellent, averaging approximately 94-95%, and 16 holes have been completed at HQ diameter for resource infill and possible expansion, and 23 holes completed at PQ diameter.

The company has two other projects in its portfolio:

  • Challacollo Silver-Gold project Aftermath Silver has an option to acquire 100% interest in the Challacollo silver-gold project through a binding agreement with Mandalay Resources, see Company news release dated June 27th, 2019. A NI 43-101 mineral resource was released on 2020. It is currently permitting road access in antioption of an upcoming drill program.

  • Cachinal Silver-Gold project The company own 80% interest, with an option to acquire the remaining 20% from SSR Mining. Located 2.5 hours south of Antofagasta. 

In other South American news, Mantaro Precious Metals Corp. announced that the maiden 5,000m diamond drill program has commenced at the Golden Hill Property, located in Bolivia.

The company will initially focus on drilling the numerous veins within the high-grade La Escarcha Gold Mine, where veins up to 5m wide contain significant visible gold.

Golden Hill's staff have reported that gold grades increase downwards from surface to the 60 m level which was under limited development. Most gold appears to be free hosted in fractures within quartz and pyrite.

CEO Craig Hairfield said: "Over the last couple of months, our team has worked tirelessly to prepare the site for ongoing drilling activities and to accurately map the numerous veins in La Escarcha. We eagerly await assay results from this maiden diamond drill program."

Share

Featured Articles

China-Indonesia Nickel Dominance Fears Following LME Listing

China-Indonesia joint-venture PT CNGR Ding Xing New Energy has nickel product listed on London Metals Exchange, sparking nickel domination fears

EU 2023 Figures show Mining has Stalled on GHG Emissions

European Union figures from Eurostat show that – although EU GHG emissions fell in 2023 – mining made no progress, with coal mining the worst culprit

Rio Tinto, not Anglo American, 'is BHP's Real Target'

As Anglo American restructures in face of takeover bid, experts believe BHP's real target is Rio Tinto, the world's second largest metals & minerals miner

Anglo American Rejects Latest BHP Bid for Copper Supremacy

Supply Chain & Operations

Investing in America Boost for US Critical Minerals Mining

Supply Chain & Operations

Australia Looks to Loosen China's Grip on Critical Minerals

Supply Chain & Operations