Alacer Gold merges with SRR Mining

By Jonathan Campion
The $1.72bn merger between American mining company Alacer Gold and the Canadian metals producer SRR Mining has been approved...

Final approval was given by the Supreme Court of Yukon, subject to regulatory approvals, with the deal already having been approved by each company’s shareholders. The deal for SSR Mining to acquire Alacer Gold was signed in May. Shareholders in Alacer Gold will receive 0.3246 shares in SRR Mining for each of their existing shares.

Once the deal is finalised, SSR Mining will own 57% of shares in the new entity, which will continue to be known as SSR Mining. Alacer Gold will control the remaining 43%.

The merger creates a diversified metals producer with assets in four countries: Alacer’s Çöpler mine in Turkey, as well as gold mines in Nevada and Saskatchewan, and the Puna mine in Jujuy, Argentina.

Share

Featured Articles

EC on Importance of Minerals Security Partnership Forum

The European Commission's communications team explains what the Minerals Security Partnership Forum is, what it will do and why it is so important

EU & US form Critical Minerals Security Partnership Forum

European Union & US government form new forum to secure critical mineral supply chains, boost production, secure ESG standards & promote fair competition

World Gold Council: Gold Miners 'Must Create ESG Value'

John Mulligan is Climate Change Lead at the World Gold Council. Here he discusses the sustainability & ESG challenges facing the gold mining industry

Clean Energy Drive 'Fuelling Tech Adoption in Mining'

Technology

Exyn Technologies to Share 3D Mine Survey Insights

Digital Mining

Green Steel Push 'Needs New Regulations and Incentives'

Sustainability