Anaconda Mining, the fastest growing natural resources company in Canada
Anaconda Mining Inc., the Canadian gold mining and exploration company, has recently announced that it has been named as one of the fastest growing companies in Canada in the 28th Profit 500 List.
In the “definitive ranking” of canada’s fastest growing companies, Anaconda was the only company within the natural resources category to make the list. This comes after the company reported a five-year revenue growth of 96 percent.
So, what do we know about Anaconda Mining?
- Founded in 2007
- Chief Executive of the company is Dustin Angelo, who has been in position since 2010
- Angelo was named one of Atlantic Canada’s Top 50 CEO’s for 2016 in May this year.
- Anaconda Mining has two major projects, a producing project named the Point Rousse Project and the exploration and development Viking Project
- The Point Rousse Project, located in the Baie Verte Mining District in Newfoundland, Canada, currently produces an approximate 16,000 ounces of gold per year
- Long term plans for the Point Rousse Project will hope to double production from the current to approximately 30,000 ounces of gold per year
- Point Rousse contains the Pine Cove gold deposit, first discovered in June 1987
- The Pine Cone gold deposit has estimated probable gold reserves of around 858,800 tonnes
- mining at the Pine Cove open pit mine since 2008 has seen 76,379.34 ounces of gold extracted
- The Viking Project, 180 km away from Pine Cone Mill (approximately) is located in White Bay, Newfoundland and Labrador
- The Viking Property is host to several gold bearing trends including the Thor Trend and Deposit and the Viking, Asgard, Thor’s Cross and Odin’s Triangle Trends.
- The company’s ambition is to become a prominent junior gold mining company in North America, with annual production of approximately 100,000 ounces per year
- Anaconda is the only pure play gold producer in Atlantic Canada
The September issue of Mining Global Magazine is live!
Get in touch with our editor Dale Benton at [email protected]